Wednesday, 4 March 2015

My Course Journey

This course Computer Tools in Nursing is one of an interesting course to pursue. It has only been the fourth week and I have learnt so much that I feel I have a cape attached to my back to accomplish so much. 
Computer tools in Nursing teaches one, how technology can be applied to the field of nursing and the impact it can have by eliminating human errors, allowing for collaboration and so much more. Technology has enabled my professional development by these new learnt skills.I was able to recognize the difference between software and hardware, identify different types of networks and connections that’s suitable for the clinical setting. In short I have learnt the sequence in which the user like me and you uses application software which are often called productivity tools such as web browser, word processing software, spreadsheet software, database software to organize data, create and edit images, perform online research and many other tasks. This application software works together with the operating system and sends and interprets the commands/instructions of the user, which is coupled with the hardware.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennise
    I must say I your page is really attractive love the use of colours and images which complemented each other. I am really happy to know you feel so empowered for we know knowledge is power. Great job.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennise.

    I love the layout and design of your blog and your color choice. I share your sentiments of mixed feelings at the start of the program. The workload was intense and the information was quite vast. However, I too have learnt many new skills as it relates to computer technology.

    Prior to entry into this program, my knowledge of information technology as it relates to healthcare was limited. Through this course i gained knowledge of nursing informatics and its pivotal role in providing more efficient client centered care. The forum on Tele- health has opened my eyes to the fact that by simple actions such as contacting specialists and other members of the allied healthcare team to consult on management of a client, we are in fact engaging in tele-health.

    Computer technology can assist in creating a means of providing quality, timely and effective client centered care and decrease the workload on staff. Through this course I believe we all can contribute to making the importance of information technology be realized by health care institutions within our country.

    ReplyDelete